The process of performing a Dallas Home Inspection requires special knowledge and experience. A Closer Look Inspection Service is operated by Jim Hemsell. He is dedicated to performing a comprehensive home inspection and personalize service on the purchase of your new home.
Jim has been performing home inspections since 1982 and served on the Texas Real Estate Commission Inspectors Committee for 5 years beginning in 1989.
A Closer Look Inspection Service inspectors have the knowledge and specialized equipment to help evaluate the condition of the property.
We also have a Supra key pad and the ability to generate the reports onsite or email the inspection reports after the inspection.
Great Personalized Service is our trade mark.
Jim Hemsell has been a home inspector for over 37 years.
He is an active member of ASHI, Lone Star ASHI, EDI, ICC and the Greater Denton Wise County Board of Realtors.
Jim Hemsell has performed over 13,000 Home Inspections for special clients just like you.
Our computer generated reports incorporate color digital pictures and easy to understand comments to help the buyer evaluate the property and complete the transaction.
We can generate the Home Inspection Report onsite and email it as a PDF.
We also provide additional handouts to help convey the important information to make that home a good investment.
Resume – Jim Hemsell
Jim Hemsell performs comprehensive inspections in The Dallas / Ft Worth area. Full service inspections include structural/mechanical home inspections, pools/spas, sprinkler systems, septic systems, water well inspection and analysis, and Wood Destroying Insect inspections. Jim also performs Commercial Inspections, Water Intrusion Inspections on Stucco and EIFS cladding and Expert Witness services in litigation cases.
- Certified by the Exterior Design Institute 2000
- Graduate of American Inspectors Institute 1983
- Bachelor Degree in Aerospace Metropolitan State College 1978
- Associate Degree in Flight Technology Florida Institute of Technology 1975
- Professional Home Inspector for 37 years, completing over 13,000 commercial and residential home inspections
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Examination of Professional Home Inspectors (EBPHI) that manages the National Home Inspectors Examination (NHIE) 2001 – 2007
- Held an appointment to the Texas Real Estate Commission as one of the first members of the Texas Real Estate Inspector Committee for 5 years until June 1995. Served as Secretary of the Committee while the committee wrote the Standards of Practice and regulations that govern all Home Inspectors in the State of Texas.
- Commercial Pilot for 12 years with 6,050 + flight hours Flight Instructor for 8 years
Member of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
Member of the ASHI Board of Directors 2008 – 2011
Recipient of the 2007 ASHI John Cox Award
Recipient of the 2008 ASHI Ironman Award
Past Chapter President of Lone Star ASHI (LSA) 1999 – 2003, 2004 – 2007
Past member of the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors (TAREI)
Held designation of Advanced Inspector
Past President of the North Texas Chapter of the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors (NTTAREI)
Curriculum Vitae available upon request